LIFESTYLE // Autumn Essentials

Friday 21 November 2014

Hello there!

Autumn has well and truly landed in Van and I am finding myself reaching for scarves and jumpers every single day. There are a few bits and pieces that I also keep reaching for at the moment – not clothing wise – so I thought I’d share them with you!


My new favourite thing is my Michael Kors watch. My Grandad bought it for me and shipped it over to Canada so I actually had something to open on my birthday (yeah – I’m 21 now. How?!). I was a little worried the gold tone wouldn’t suit me but the watch is just so beautiful. I wear it every day I’m not in the lab (or wearing a hoodie for that matter) and just cannot stop staring at it. I have definitely missed having a watch.

I don’t think my skin would be alive right now if not for the Kiehl’s Skin Rescuer moisturizer. It has been so cold recently and my skin still feels quite soft somehow. Usually at this time of the year I feel like a snake and that definitely is not attractive. It is such a good moisturizer – definitely worth the pretty hefty price tag!

Can you have an Autumn/Christmas without the Starbucks red cups? I am 100% in love with the salted caramel mocha – it’s ridiculous. I go in there so often right now that they don’t even ask me my order anymore and sometimes they even draw on my cup. Sure, I really shouldn’t be spending so much money on coffee but if it keeps me awake during morning lectures that’s a-okay with me.

I don’t seem to wear anything but bright lipstick at the moment. I can put some moisturizer on, a flick of mascara and a bright red lip and feel ready to start the day. It just makes me feel so much more put together than just a bit of mascara even though it does end up all over my coffee cup (and then the rest of my face consequently). I really want to pick up a couple of the NYX lipsticks in the deep red/berry shades but I am trying to control myself!

Lastly, how gorgeous is this necklace! I picked it up from the loveliest woman during The Sub’s Christmas market who makes lots of handmade jewellery. I saw this and fell in love and just could not walk away (I tried and failed okay?) It looks so J Crew-esque but was significantly cheaper (it was even cheaper than Topshop) so really was a no-brainer. It looks super cute layered over a shirt and jumper and I cannot stop wearing it. Surely buying new necklaces will distract me right?

So those are my Autumn Essentials right now. What have you been reaching for recently? Let me know!

21 comments :

  1. I absolutely love that necklace! I picked up something similar from Debenhams last week and I've been loving it xx

    One Little Vice - UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving pearl necklaces right now - Debenhams often have some absolute gems!

      :)

      Delete
  2. I love a good coffee to get me through the day, I especially love all the christmas flavours! That watch is so gorgeous as well, so pretty. Also love that necklace would look so nice with a jumper.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard for me to walk past a coffee shop without picking a coffee up. It's horrible because the festive flavours are about $5.50 a time (but if you convert it back to pounds it's okay?!) It does look lovely with jumpers - and I am wearing lots of those in this weather unfortunately.

      :)

      Delete
  3. That's such a lovely MK watch! I have one and wear it to the death of me haha, they're so comfy. I'm more of a Costa girl but I tried the toffee nut latte or something at Starbucks the other day, was delish! xx

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's just that little extra something to make you feel a little bit more put together. I love the Costa cups - they are so damn cute!

      :)

      Delete
  4. Loove your necklace! I love that they draw on your cups, I always wanted to go somewhere enough that they would do things like that :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ridiculous how much money I spend on coffee but it's so hard to walk into a lecture without one. It really does make my day when I get a little personalized cup!

      :)

      Delete
  5. I'm with you on the bright lipstick thing. I never used to wear any but now it's overtaken from bright eyeshadows for me!
    Cx
    charliedistracted.com / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore the watch, and seriously - who can resist Starbucks red cups during the holiday season? Probably one of the best parts of the holidays. Cute post! Love your blog, thanks for visiting and commenting on mine <3

    Kaylyn Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so difficult - every time I walk past I'm like 'ooooh, salted caramel mocha?'
      Thanks lovely - no problem, I loved your blog!

      :)

      Delete
  7. I need to try the salted caramel mocha it sounds so yummy! I love my Micheal Kors watch too, yours is gorgeous x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very nice - a bit sweet but super yummy.
      Now I have one gorgeous watch I know want few more (the Marc Jacobs ones are to die for). I think this is why I put off buying one for so long! No-one needs 10 watches!

      :)

      Delete
  8. I went to starbucks yesterday and saw the red cups and was so excited, those cups mean christmas!
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I cannot wait to be walking around London with a scarf, hat and hot chocolate!

      :)

      Delete
  9. that watch is seriously gorgeous!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. if you want to, enter my christmas giveaway to win £660+ worth of beauty products! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the necklace,it's so beautiful! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your necklace! So pretty!

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)