BEAUTY // MAC Velvet Teddy

Monday 17 August 2015

Hey!
Remember that post saying I bought two MAC lipsticks? Well, that was not a lie and the second baby I bought was the one, the only Velvet Teddy. I once said that if I ever saw it in stock in a store that I'd buy it but, when I got it for half price online, I had to give it a go. My friend Louise (aka Fern) had it and I was pleasantly surprised when I tried hers out. I'm not the sort of person who can work nudes, especially brown toned ones, but this lipstick could not look more different on, in comparison to the tube, if it tried.


On me, Velvet Teddy is a dark nudey pink. Yes - it's pink! It looks like a shade of bad fake tan as a swatch but thankfully it does not look like that on. I was surprised when it suited me because the majority of people I have seen it on are either tanned or at least have dark hair and that, to be frank, is the complete opposite of me! I'm blonde and pale as a ghost!

Getting over the fact the lipstick actually suits me and makes me feel like a 90s diva with my flicked out hair (darn you lob and your flicks!). It is matte, my favourite type of finish, and seriously does not budge. It looked just as good at the end of my shift at work as it did at the beginning and took some serious scrubbing to get off. I have Russian Red which is a slightly creamier matte and, in comparison, Velvet Teddy is a lot more drying. My lips definitely needed a scrub after taking it off, that's for sure. This doesn't bother me too much though because, like I said, the colour is just lovely.

Last point, does anyone else who has this find that it makes their lips look absolutely huge!? I don't have the largest, most voluptuous lips but I felt like I was a Kardashian with this lipstick on. No word of a lie.

Have you got Velvet Teddy? How do you wear it? Let me know!

29 comments :

  1. I adore my MAC Velvet Teddy, it's such a great colour and my perfect nude lipstick!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I'm so surprised at how lovely it is.

      Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I have been trying to get my hands on this for sooo long! great post x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think online may be your best bet. I didn't pay for postage at least!

      Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. I feel like I should buy this lipstick purely to tell my grandkids about the obsession with it! But it also sounds like I'd really like it - I do agree that the swatches look like fake tan though haha! Like you - if I ever catch it in stock...
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to try online - Debenhams always have it in stock! The fake tan swatch is just gross aha!

      :)

      Delete
  4. I'm wary of browner toned nudes as well but I might give this a try! The name alone is adorable haha x

    atinymew.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just? It's a little cooler so totally wearable for me.

      :)

      Delete
  5. I don't use this one but I might probably have to buy it soon. I love MAC and I'm definitely loving the color!

    x- Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a try! It's such a nice colour.

      :)

      Delete
  6. really like this nude, I usually go for more brown tones but I'll give it a try next time I'm in Mac purely for the fact that it made you look like a Kardashian. Amazing!

    www.yolantarosetta.blog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make me look like a Kardashian and that is something I never thought I wanted to be!

      :)

      Delete
  7. That's a stunning shade. I'm loving nude lips at the minute

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is! I didn't realize I liked them till I tried this.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. No, I cannot! I only got my first a year ago but after getting that I just kept wanting more.

      :)

      Delete
  10. I love Velvet Teddy! It's one of my favorite lipsticks from MAC. :)

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you get this for half price? I need to know your secret! :)
    I've always been a little scared to buy Velvet Teddy as I'm quite pale too and I just didn't think it would suit me but after reading your post I might actually give it a try! I hope it's still in stock!

    Becki, xo
    www.beautyandthebrunette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about doing a post on getting discounted high end beauty products actually! I was lucky that I got a £10 MAC Debenhams voucher for my birthday and then had the £5 off two lipsticks so got two for £16 rather than £15.50 each. There are quite a few other ways to pay a little bit less for high end though (espesh voucher codes!)

      :)

      Delete
  12. Velvet teddy was one of the first mac lipsticks I got and is still a firm favourite!xx

    Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion, Lifestyle and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of the three MAC lipsticks I own, but I can't say I'm in love with it! It comes out so brown on me, not what I expected at all. I love the finish though!xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Velvet Teddy is my most loved MAC lipstick! I'm glad you like it too !! :) Kylie Jenner supposedly wears Velvet Teddy, and she is renowned for her big lips haha! xxxx

    http://emberst0rm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm still to try Velvet Teddy, it's definitely on my MAC lipstick wishlist though. Do you pair it with a lipliner?

    Lucy | www.lucycynthia.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds, and looks, like a gorgeous shade! I love how it made you channel your inner Kardashian haha xxx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)