TRAVEL // A stroll around Bath

Sunday 27 January 2019

Hello there!

Another weekend - another post! Last weekend I decided to take a stroll around the city whilst the weather held out. It was very cold and I didn't stay out for as long as I'd liked but it was lovely to have a nice (and free!) touristy walk around. Spoiler alert - I've got no photos of the Abbey, The Circus or  the Royal Crescent. Think of this of inspiration on where to go if you want to avoid the super busy, touristy spots. 


When I visit a new place I always take advantage of a sign. Always. The black and gold ones throughout town are pretty iconic and on a range of gorgeous backgrounds. For one away from the crowds, wander around Milsom Street. I've lived in Bath and still get lost around there. 


If you walk slightly down the hill, you'll reach Pulteney Bridge which is full of shops, cafes and beautiful views. If you want a cake and gorgeous views stopping into the Bridge Coffee is a must. Every time I walk past I want to stop but there is never a table. You've got to admit, the cakes and pastries do look amazing. 


Of course, if you're walking past the bridge, you might as well walk along the water for some slightly different views rather then paying to get into the park. Fun fact - you can actually do paddleboarding around Bath in the summer and it's on my must-do list!


The Corridor is a walkway through to lots of independent shops and coffee shops to browse and stop at. It also keeps the rain off your head if it's pouring and forgot your umbrella. A few of my favourites around is the Bertinet Bakery for pastries to go, Good Day Cafe for instaworthy pictures and Ben's cookies if you can't get enough of that gooey, cookie goodness.


Another street to wander down if you want some classic Bath architecture  is Great Pulteney Street. I love the style of the buildings here and it's not too busy on a Sunday afternoon if you want a plain-ish backdrop for a photo. Big front doors, iron gates and within walking distance of a warm pub? What could be better?

So that's a quick list of some less pictured places around Bath. Really - no Abbey or Royal Crescent in sight!

Have you been to Bath and found a must-do photo location? Let me know!

Rachael

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)