LIFESTYLE // What I got for Christmas

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Hey there!
Okay, I get it - this is a little late. Between these Australia posts, trying to welcome 2016, trying to exercise and a 4 week late family Christmas...well my timing has hardly been impeccable lately. Anyway, just in case anyone is interested, I thought I'd do a little post showing off the little bits and pieces I got for Christmas this year. I'm really nosy and like seeing everyone else's so why not post my own?
 
 
In all fairness, Christmas wasn't a big thing for my family this year. With us being in Australia for the actual day, no-one really thought too much about buying presents. I got a few little things for people before I left but that was it - little things. I was really overwhelmed to come back and actually receive presents. Sure, I knew I was getting a few bits from my family but still!


Anyway, my Christmas gifts resolved a lot around beauty and skincare. I've got a little obsession with Liz Earle right now and so Mum picked me up a lot of the most well known products. Alongside that, I also got some Clinique skincare which I am using in conjunction with my C&P and Elemis Apricot toner. Even after just a week of using it all my skin feels so much softer and my red patches have gone down which is lovely to see.


Of course, it's not Christmas without perfume. Si is my absolute favourite and I would get through a bottle a month if I could afford it. They had a really good deal in Duty Free and I now understand why Mum told me not to get it. My brother and his wife treated me to the LancĂ´me lip glosses and Juicy Couture perfume. It may be a sweet perfume but it is seriously lovely. Oh, and the bottle is an interesting one to look at - it'll stay on my dressing table for a while.

I got a couple of bits and pieces from Lush too - because who doesn't like Lush! Happy Hippy is really zesty and helps to get me up in the morning. It also has the best instructions ever. If you're ever in Lush, have a little read. Not pictured is my new litre bottle of Philosophy's Gingerbread Man. With all this shower gel, you'd think people were trying to tell me something!


Alongside my new beauty treasure trove, I got plenty of socks, fairy lights and candles. Who doesn't like a candle or 10? I love the Travelogue (which is really a late birthday present) so much - although it makes me want to go on another long trip and with prospective jobs etc. I'm not sure when that could be planned for! Eh, a girl can dream.


Last, but not least, were my Emu boots. I never thought I'd be the kind of girl who owns Emu/Ugg boots but when I was in Australia they were just crazy cheap. I got the Emu Stinger Lo in Chestnut and they are ridiculously comfy and warm. With the exchange rate they cost a grand total of £75 which is utter madness! They are on my feet whenever I'm not in the lab and I'm now so glad I actually have a pair. Who'd have thought this day would come?

Anyway, I was really lucky this year when it came to Christmas. I really do appreciate a few really well thought out presents, as opposed to sacks and sacks of stuff that just sits around doing nothing (not that I'm ungrateful for that at all!) I did have just as much joy, if not more, giving people their presents though. I think I should give people presents more often. It's just the best feeling knowing that you're the reason there's a smile on their face!

So, I know this is late but, what did you get for Christmas? Have you already started next year's shopping? Let me know!

7 comments :

  1. It's never too late to post these kind of posts! You got some great pieces for Christmas.

    Beka. xo | littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! I was wondering it was a little late now!

      :)

      Delete
  2. Liz Earle is such a great skincare brand, I have had their trio as part if my routine a few times in the past. I have always wanted get UGG boots but never like the sound of the price tag so these Emu ones seem like a better option (maybe not for us in the UK though) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a really similar to UGGs but because of the way they are treated they are apparently a little more waterproof (I'm not sure about this - I just read it somewhere!) They weren't something I expected to come home with but I'm glad I did!

      :)

      Delete
  3. I think I was extra excited to see this post because it is so late after Christmas! I love these posts so it was so fun to see another one pop up in my feed :)

    imperfectlyrachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's lovely to hear! I loved reading them so much - I'm just far too nosey!

      :)

      Delete
  4. It's never too late for a "What I Got For Christmas" post! Happy Hippy shower gel is one of my favourites although I am really wanting to try the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, I've heard so many good reviews! :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)