TRAVEL // Cambridge

Friday 29 August 2014

Hello there!
Last week I headed to Cambridge to see the lovely Amber and Nayaa before I head to Vancouver (which is TOMORROW - I cannot deal! How did this even happen?!) 

Anyway, I booked up tickets to Cambridge, met Nayaa in London before heading over to Amber's hometown. We shopped till we dropped (literally- I actually fell over about three times), had way too much food and said our goodbyes. It still doesn't feel like I'm leaving. I don't think it will do until I'm on the plane at this rate!
First up we headed through one of the colleges before heading for some lunch at Harriet's Tea Room. The colleges are just so beautiful - I think I need to own one. I want to be the one sitting on the grass with three text books and a picnic. At least I have a beach next year . You heard right - a beach!


I so wish I got one of the milkshakes - biggest regret ever!


Like I said - lots of food! That cupcake was from The Little Cupcake company and so yummy! Worth the money entirely! Oh, and they do student discount!


Lastly we headed to The Eagle for a snack. Shopping definitely wore us out. They did the best cheesy chips and onion rings (I know - healthy!) and the pub was just so cute. I love classic pubs with dark wood everywhere and 40 different types of beer and ale. How am I going to live without that?

It was such a lovely day and Cambridge is so beautiful. I cannot believe I have not been before. I will definitely visit again (in like - a year!??!). 

Have you been to Cambridge? Do you have any top places to go? Let me know!




18 comments :

  1. Best of luck with the big move :) hope everything goes amazingly for you x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cambridge looks so pretty, I've never been but I really want to go now. Good luck with moving tomorrow!

    allthingsaleena.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is gorgeous and made a great day out! Thank you lovely!

      :)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love Cambridge! One of the most beautiful cities, it just feels so old and studious, its a wonderful place to spend a day. How long are you going to b in Vancouver for? You must be excited!
    Hannah
    www.hannahbakesthings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely! I didn't want to leave!
      I'm in Vancouver for just under a year to study at UBC. It's so crazy I'm finally here!

      Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Seems like it was a great trip! Shopped until we dropped is totally my style 💗
    http://stylesprinter.com/friday-five-white-dresses-for-labor-day-weekend/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much shopping and too much dropping for my liking!

      :)

      Delete
  5. You did my home city proud! Where did you have lunch? Looks great! Next time, try the fudge shop opposite King's College. Gorgeous ;) we hope to be running a pub in Cambridge in the not too distant future. Next time, you can have cheesy chips with us XD xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had lunch in Harriet's Tea Room (and it was pretty good!). I looked at that fudge shop and salivated but had just had a dunkin' donut - oops!
      Next time I definitely will! Keep me updated!

      :)

      Delete
  6. Eek, I may just have to make a trip for handmade chocolate ice cream!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shop looked so cute! I wish I had gotten some :(

      Delete
  7. Cambridge looks so beautiful. Love the pictures :)

    Btw your blog is amazing. I followed you on bloglovin and G+. :)
    http://fashiionistah.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to visit Cambridge, It just looks so pretty and British. I'd love to explore the colleges and pretend I was smart enough to go to uni there! Also all the food looks amazing, especially that cupcake! I can't say no to cake. Looks like you had a great day. Hope you have a good journey to Canada, really looking forward to hearing all about your time there.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did study there. Their halls are just incredible. It's like 5 star hotel worthy. I have to deal with a small room and an ethernet port (cable not included)!
      And thank you so much! I'm hoping to post as much as I can!

      :)

      Delete
  9. Ah Cambridge looks so lovely...I can't believe i haven't been before. I currently live on the border of France and Switzerland after relocating here a couple of years ago from the UK. Good luck with your big move! Look forward to reading more about it :) Danielle x

    frontière girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)