TRAVEL // Visiting New York (with an iPhone) #3

Sunday 14 April 2019


Hello everyone!

Here we finally are, the final post (for a while) on my trip to New York. I can't believe it was 6 weeks ago - time has flown! Can I be back now please? 

Anyway, the last day of a trip is always the most awkward. You look at your list of what you wanted to do and realise you won't get it all done. You have to get back to your hotel to pick up luggage and make it to the airport. Even though our flight didn't leave until 11 I still felt really restricted as to what we could do because we had to be back at the hotel for 6ish to get our flight. In the end we managed to see plenty on our last day, and we didn't miss too much off our list either - so yay.



We started the morning with bagels at Best Bagel & Coffee by Penn station. It gets 4.6/5 on google reviews and I could understand why. It was our cheapest breakfast of the trip and so, so good. We had blueberry bagels with PB&J and I'm drooling thinking about them now. It was crazy and I had no idea what was going on but that sweet, sweet bagel was worth it.



We then got lost on our way back to Brooklyn but eventually made our way to the Staten Island Ferry. We couldn't do a trip and not see the Statue of Liberty but we also didn't have the time to take a 2-3 hour expensive excursion. Instead we hopped on the FREE ferry (you literally just walk on it's weird) and got to see Lady Liberty herself  without spending a penny. Sure, you don't get the closest or longest view but it satisfied my need for seeing a massive statue of a woman in a fantastic dress.


A short walk from the ferry station is Wall Street so we had a quick stop off for ice cream from Milk and a coffee to warm up our cold, cold hands. I had to try some kind of instagrammable food and considering how close it was (even though it was -2 degrees) ice cream had to be it. They make the ice cream from cereal milk which was odd, but surprisingly enjoyable. I bet it's 100 times better when my hands aren't freezing though. Oh, and Wall Street was cool too. We were walking around at lunch time and got caught in the hustle and bustle of everyone trying to get their lunch and definitely got the feels.


Next on my list was Grand Central Station and it did not disappoint. I have never seen such a beautiful station and would be lying if I didn't admit we spent about 45 minutes wandering around. I got lost a few times because there are so many different hallways but it felt amazing to be looking over that station, hearing Gossip Girl make a mean comment about me last being seen at Grand Central Station.


We then made our way back towards the hotel and midtown. Neither of us had done any shopping so we popped into a massive comic book shop and Macy's to take advantage of the sales. I found a few of the other hotels I'd looked at booking and now know where I'll be staying if I go again (Moxy is looking likely unless I stay in an entirely different area). It was nice to just relax a little bit more and do what I do best - shop. We then had an early dinner before we went to collect our luggage at Tick Tock diner attached to the Wyndham hotel and had a massive plate of food before we went home. The food was really good and they also have a little hidden bar downstairs which I was desperate to go to but we ran out of time. I just want to drink a cocktail in a vault okay?


And just like that, our few days in New York were over. It was a whirlwind tour and exhausting but worth it. We saw so much, but missed much more and I wish I could go back asap. Whilst I was kind of underwhelmed as soon as I got back from my trip, now I've had a few weeks for it to settle in I miss it like crazy. It was busy, kind of dirty and expensive as hell but man, did I enjoy my time.


So that's it for my New York posts for now. Have you been to any of these places or have any tips? Let me know!

Rachael 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)