LIFESTYLE // I GRADUATED

Thursday 28 July 2016

Hello there!
Apologies for being quiet for the past week or so. Life has been super hectic and, finally, I graduated! I had spent so much time looking for the perfect dress and shoes and all of a sudden I was walking across a stage, trying not to fall over or cry. When they say that graduation really is a great day I was a bit sceptical but, honestly, I had the best time! It was nice to get dressed up, be the centre of attention for a while, and be given limitless free Prosecco and Pimms.


I ended up getting my dress from Coast at Simply Be. With the bright blue gown and green sash it was easier said than done to get a dress that would match (especially above a size 16). However, when I saw this one I knew it was the one. I definitely had a Say Yes to the (graduation) dress moment and I am not ashamed to say so. I paired them with some River Island sandals which were both gorgeous to look at and that perfect height so I was not afraid of falling over.


On the Thursday my family drove up and we went out for dinner. After drinks at The Lamb's Inn (and their cute cat) we went to The Library for the biggest meal I have ever eaten. The steak was amazing, the ribs even better and I did not even touch the mini burgers. Did I regret ordering such a big meal? Just a little. I wore a shift dress from the New Look sale with my new Topshop pointed pumps. I have got to admit, they were a match made in heaven!


So, all in all, it was a lovely day full of friends, family and photographs. It's such a bittersweet feeling to walk across that stage with a certificate saying that your 4 years of hard work was completely worth it. I'm both happy and sad to leave Norwich and the comfort of knowing everyone and the area. However, I am so super duper excited to move to Bath and get started on something new.


I was (fortunate?) enough to have my graduation and grad ball on the same evening. Being awake from 5:30 and not getting to bed until 4:30 the next morning was not ideal but I did have fun. I spent the night twirling away in my River Island black lace dress. It is a perfect dress that I bet looks good on anyone. It's really well made, super flattering and I bet I'll be getting a lot of wear out of it this summer.


So, to conclude, I graduated with a first class Masters in Chemistry. I had a lot of fun doing it. I cannot wait to get started on something new. If you get the opportunity to go to a graduation, just do it. I can promise you'll have plenty of fun!

Have you graduated this year? Did you have fun? Let me know!

8 comments :

  1. Congratulations on graduating! It really is an amazing day. Glad it all went so well for you; it looks like you had a fab time. I didn't go to my grad ball but I wish I had now! Good luck for the future :)
    Rebecca | Notes From September
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Sounds like an amazing (and very long) day!

    Meg | Elmpetra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! You look just like a princess. You deserve the amazing day you have, and I hope everything goes well in the future :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your graduation :) I love your shoes. That cocktail looks very tasty as well!

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on graduating. Your dress looks beautiful!

    Looks like you had loads of fun graduating too haha - you did it in style!

    Your blog is really lovely. Now following on Bloglovin' :) Would love it if you could check out mine too: www.ambambe.com.

    Looking forward to your future posts!
    Amber xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats lovely!

    Just found your blog and it looks lovely :)

    My Blog / Paige Joanna

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!
    Your graduation dress is gorgeous :)

    Natalie Ann xo | Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)