OOTD // Sunday morning strolls

Thursday 16 October 2014

Hello my lovelies!
This weekend has been a minimum work weekend. I spent Friday night shopping downtown, Saturday and Sunday in bed with Netflix (and a little bit of organic chemistry of course) and Monday with a pile of work taller than the pile of textbooks I have on my desk. Oh, and I experienced Canadian Nandos for the first time too. It may be cheaper but I cannot get garlic bread as a side and that upsets me a lot!

Anyway, on Sunday morning I woke up super early to have a stroll around campus and take some photos. It's so lovely first thing in the morning with no-one about, you forget that thousands of students walk down Main Mall during the week.


Scarf: H&M
Shirt: Sainsbury's (old)
Jacket: Barbour (old)
Brogues: New Look (here)

I tried so hard to wake up on time but after snoozing my alarm for 30 minutes I only had 15 to get dressed and do my make up. Therefore, a simple shirt, jeans and Barbour combo came out and I finally wore my Rimmel 107! I absolutely love it - the colour is so perfect (and so similar to everything I want in MAC and I'm so glad I didn't buy a lipstick on Friday). I have been wearing my brogues like mad recently. They are so much more comfy than my docs and that is a must when I'm walking for 30-40 minutes a day between home and campus.

I have also found that my style has gotten a lot more classic and preppy since moving here. I'm constantly in shirts/blouses with jumpers with my Barbour if I am not in the lab. I haven't worn my leather skirt in weeks and I'm just a little bit worried. The poor thing is going to feel neglected soon! Oh, and I'm back to bright lips every day. How am I getting away with the Kate Moss 01 as a day lip? I have no clue!

Can I just say, how amazing is this scarf?! My friend Kelly got it in the monochrome version and they only had the pink/tan version left but it's so gorgeous. It was $20-ish and so soft and big and luxe and I love it so much. It's the perfect scarf for 107 too - no colour clashing going on there!


Campus is absolutely beautiful and I do not take the time out to admire it. I'm usually in the chemistry building (pictured above - I feel like I'm at Harvard whenever I'm in there) or at the library and i really don't look at campus that much in between. I have so much work to do that anything but just doesn't catch my attention. 

I'm so happy we're finally getting the chillier weather. This week I have been leaving the house in a short sleeved jumper and, whilst that's nice, it's not the same as being bundled up in a scarf, gloves and hat. I just want to walk down Main Mall in the evening with a hot chocolate and a massive scarf - is that too much to ask?

14 comments :

  1. Love the outfit, that scarf is a beaut especially as it is so big you can use it as a blanket too, weekends are all about Netflix watching! and no garlic bread as a side in nandos? thats my favourite bit! haha.

    Elle x
    Notes of Petranella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! It was such a bargain - I couldn't leave it there!
      And no...I almost cried! You can buy it for an extra $4 but who wants to add an extra $4 to their meal? Not this girl!

      :)

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit! Especially the scarf as it's massive and it's in my favourite Autumnal colours!

    We'd be delighted if you checked out our blog and maybe we could follow each other if you'd like?

    xx

    http://robberscorner.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'll definitely check you guys out!

      :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful campus. Cute outfit.

    Jennifer Jayne xx
    jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful campus and the mountains in the background make for a nice view!
    Now the nights are getting dark, I can hardly get up in the morning and I don't even have a great place like this to encourage me, so I think there's no hope for me!

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it difficult even though it is so beautiful outside. Fortunately I don't have a gas bill this year - the heating is on 24/7 right now! That makes just a little bit easier......

      :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Rachael!

    I didn't know nandos is cheaper in canada?! how does that happen?!!

    Love this scarf it looks so cosy and autumnal!! it's yet to get cold here which is so strange... it was still 20 celcius last week!! i want to get my winter on!

    Love Shani xo
    Co-founder at Style Honey
    www.stylehoney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I got so excited!
      I'm so happy it has finally gotten cold in Van. I always have a shirt, jumper and scarf or hoodie with leather jacket right now. I just need some riding boots now and I'll feel really autumnal!

      :)

      Delete
  6. It's even beautiful in the rain - it's crazy!
    I'm just getting worse. I snoozed for an hour last week - It's absolutely ridiculous. I literally need someone to push me out of bed at this point haha!

    I have a little obsession with NYX lipsticks right now - they are so gorgeous and just half the price of MAC. I need to pick up their dark red asap!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! The scarf is absolutely amazing and it adds that lil' something to the outfit!

    xx

    http://robberscorner.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your campus looks so lovely, especially in Autumn. Also love your outfit, that scarf looks so cosy! I've been waiting for it to get cold in the UK and its finally hit and Im loving it, coats, jumpers, boots, hats and scarves. Perfect!

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy it's here too! It makes me want new boots though and that definitely isn't good. Why is is so tricky finding a good pair of riding boots?!

      :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)