LIFESTYLE // #lalalove

Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Hello my lovelies!
It is so difficult finding time to blog. I want to post twice a week (which shouldn't be too hard!) but with 5 assessments in one week sometimes it's just a little tricky managing my time just right. I'm still not quite there but I'm definitely getting there. Anyway, to help tackle this I am starting a new bi-weekly post - #lalalove. I have written posts for this in the past and never actually uploaded them so I'm going to start this and start it right!



First up is the wall opposite my desk. I had these postcards and photos up elsewhere but I moved them to in front of my desk and I really like it. I had a really hard week last week and was really stressed out so it's nice to look up and see all the positivity. I was saving that space for a periodic table but I haven't got one yet so watch this space! I originally got the postcards in Paperchase for 50p each (or 70p - something like that!) and I just want them all. I'd much rather get one of each post card then have to get a huge set from The Calm Gallery although there are like 10 more on their website I want so much!


Second up, I am absolutely loving layering right now. I have been entirely inspired by Marlen at messagesonanapkin.blogspot.com and am layering absolutely everything. I got this Alfred Sung shirt and burgundy jumper from Marks (thanks to the voucher from Scotiabank - much appreciated!) and just just love them separately and together. That's three different outfits - just saying!


I don't know how I missed the obsession with Royal Blood but I definitely have one now. Their album is fantastic and just so classic. It has been on repeat for about a week now. Figure It Out is such a good song and there are a couple of other amazing tracks too. Go listen like now!


Lastly I have rekindled my love of the Rimmel Kate Moss 01. I got MAC's Russian Red (which is slightly darker) and use that for nights out but put this in my bag for touch ups because I don't mind so much if I lose it. I have actually been wearing it as a daytime lipstick recently. I feel like I look ridiculous but it is the only red lip I have with me and when you are wearing nothing but black, white and grey you need a little colour. I do feel a little more put together though which is lovely!

So here is my first #lalalove post! Are you loving anything right now? Let me know!


Oh, and today I have started doing the #100happydays tag on instagram. I was meant to start a few days ago with some other fabby bloggers (see Hazel's post here ) but with 5 deadlines (in week 3?!) I put it on hold. Now I'm back to smooth sailing for a few days before it all goes crazy again so I'm starting it so I finish. So yeah, if you want to see how it's going just check out my instagram!


5 comments :

  1. I love paperchase for postcards to put up in my room! I'm always having a quick look at their selection.
    Jennifer x
    http://www.ginevrella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute! I just spend forever choosing which one or two to pick up because otherwise I would go nuts! I also love covering their sketch books in their wrapping paper. They are absolutely brilliant for revision notes

      :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great post :) and those postcards look so cute! I'll have to have a look at some next time I'm at Paperchase x

    allthingsaleena.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Aren't they just? I have seen quite a few do them (in Norwich and London) so keep an eye out!

      :)

      Delete
  3. Love those postcards. I think I need to get something like that to put up in my uni room. I need a bit of inspiration at the moment!

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate every single one of them and will get back to them as soon as I can :)